Monday, February 20, 2012

Parisian Palate Pleaser: Brunch at La Note

Brunch: 1 Soft Boiled Egg + 2 Lemon Gingerbread Pancakes
As the title of this post suggests, I was quite happy with my recent inaugural trip to La Note with my wonderful friend Miraya, who has accompanied me on many of my adventures, culinary and otherwise, including the one that inspired this blog. Knowing how popular this place is and being an avid Yelp consultee, I was prepared for a long wait to get into this place, especially in the mid-morning on a Sunday. After putting our name on the list we got in relatively fast (30 minutes or so), but waiting even longer for the food to arrive was not something I had anticipated. By the time we got our food, it had been about an hour, which to my hungry stomach seemed like forever, and I was getting a little delirious.


Note my self-restraint as I pose for a picture whilst deliriously hungry.
Photo Credit: Miraya Berke. 

In spite of this lengthy delay, the food was absolutely delectable. I ordered deux Lemon Gingerbread Pancakes which came with refreshingly-moist poached pears and blueberries. And to satisfy my hypoglycemic need for savory flavors (and because I saw it came in a cute little egg holder and precious little spoon), I ordered a soft boiled egg as a side, which was garnished with what tasted like oregano. For me, no Sunday brunch would be complete without a glass of orange juice, so I couldn't resist getting that as well.

PANQUEQUES.
(Pancakes are more fun to say in Spanish)
Note the beautiful poached pear.

HUEVOS.
(Because I've already started speaking Spanish)
Note the cute little doily and tiny spoon. I felt dainty.
All of this was quite delicious. I started on the egg first, which was a delight to eat and I felt super adorable eating with my tiny spoon. The pancakes had a good amount of gingerbread spice to them, though––being a lover of sour tastes––I could have done with a little more lemon flavor. (Come to think of it, by the time I was finishing my second pancake, my palate was on sweet overload and I found myself wishing I had saved some of the egg just to balance the flavors out a bit). Their butter was somehow noticeably yummy too. The poached pears, however, were my favorite part of the meal. I literally could have an entire bowl of them just by themselves. Overall, it was just nice to be out having a tasty meal and shooting the breeze with a good friend.

1 comment:

  1. YOU JUST MADE ME SO HUNGRY! Thanks for putting me on your blog roll, by the way. I just saw it and it made me smile. :) Miss you Briana! We need to have food blog adventure soon.

    Step into Estherina's World

    ReplyDelete